Introducing RPA Testing Methodology
RPA is an automation technology in which RPA developers automate repetitive, manual business processes through different RPA tools. It can automate both services and products with the help of Artificial Intelligence. But then why RPA Testing?
RPA testing comes in Automation testing, making testing fast, and making the product more feasible. Automation testing saves time for developers and saves time in producing products.
The unique versatility of RPA tools allows testers to save resources on a number of time-guzzling activities.
RPA technology gives the best result in automation testing with their tools, given an RPA developer tests his code daily. These tools are totally different from other testing tools. Business automation tools called Robot Process Automation (RPA) provide a new powerful tool for testers and business users doing testing, especially in the context of implementing large scale standard systems like SAP, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Salesforce, etc.
Types of RPA Testing
Testing is the main step of every software development before deploying the production software. RPA software has its own functionality of testing to test the codes, in which we can make our own test cases and check the efficiency of the code.
There are broadly two types of testing occurring in RPA:
- RPA Testing: Testing the automated business process automated through the RPA tool itself.
- Business Component Testing: Testing of the other business components through RPA tools.
Best Ways of RPA Testing
Yes, It makes the software resilient, Cost-effective. But what are the best ways to inculcate that? Some crucial ways are mentioned below:
The tester should completely aware of the customer requirements for the software tested precisely with the thinking process that the organization itself is going to use it.
The tester must go through every single file of the code. Understanding the flow of the code.
Perfect Test Cases
The software’s quality shows how systematically testing is done, and systematic testing can be done with the quintessential test cases.
Create Your Own Bug
Test incoming and outgoing data accurately or make our own input to see the result. Make our Own Test Cases, as much as we make our own bug to test the code. We will come to know more about our code efficiency.
Cover the Code
Automation testing necessitates the tester to go through every part of the code. Or check the test case covers most of the code activities. A best practice of testing says to remove unused code.
In the end, it should give the required result, or all the test cases should be successfully passed.
Use Case of RPA Testing – UiPath
Testing in Studio is easy to test the code before deploying. To test every workflow in the project and make code more efficient, a developer goes with the UiPath studio’s testing. UiPath testing can be tested by a developer when developing the code as it won’t take much time using testing suits.
Below are the two images. The first one is a panel where we select our workflow to test. In the second one, we get the framework to see below mentioned 3 steps.
- Given: In this section, we apply input to test our code.
- When: In this section, we invoke the code on which testing to be done.
- Then: This section applies our required conditions to get the required result.
After running the test case in the studio, we get results in this format.
Advantages of RPA Testing
Testing is one of the main objectives of any software development. Software or product development can be fast if testing of the product is fast. Below listed are certain advantages of employing this Testing onboard:
- Using RPA technology for testing, it is possible to do many GUI test automation, as the RPA tool can capture repetitive IT system interactions.
- It reduces the processing time by 40 percent.
- It is preferred for its smooth life cycle and easy adaptability.
- We can test our web portal data by scraping or scanning functionality.
- It increases the product’s quality easily and helps in product development to develop fast.
- It gives great data accuracy and saves Time-to-market time.
- With the involvement of RPA, the User Acceptance Test (UAT) can be more productive and Accurate.
- It reduces errors that occur during manual testing.
- It supports the output of huge knowledge testing that enhances the general quality and maintenance of the top product even when it hits the market.
We collated about RPA Testing in Automation and their best practices in this blog. RPA is the latest technology that has the ability to re-invent the business process management aspect, but the RPA tool is one of the best automation testing tools nowadays. This tool requires no coding skills. So it is easily adaptable but this tool gives simplicity, scalability, cost-saving, accuracy, productivity, and flexibility in the software so What do you think now, folks!