Thanks for submitting the form.
Introducing RPA Testing MethodologyRPA is an automation technology in which RPA developers automate repetitive, manual business processes through different RPA tools. It can automate both services and products with the help of Artificial Intelligence. But then why RPA Testing? RPA testing comes in Automation testing, making testing fast, and making the product more feasible. Automation testing saves time for developers and saves time in producing products.
The unique versatility of RPA tools allows testers to save resources on a number of time-guzzling activities. Source: How RPA Is Shaping The Future of Software Testing
RPA technology gives the best result in automation testing with their tools, given an RPA developer tests his code daily. These tools are totally different from other testing tools. Business automation tools called Robot Process Automation (RPA) provide a new powerful tool for testers and business users doing testing, especially in the context of implementing large scale standard systems like SAP, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Salesforce, etc.
What are the Types of RPA Testing?Testing is the main step of every software development before deploying the production software. RPA software has its own functionality of testing to test the codes, in which we can make our own test cases and check the efficiency of the code. There are broadly two types of testing occurring in RPA:
- RPA Testing: Testing the automated business process automated through the RPA tool itself.
- Business Component Testing: Testing of the other business components through RPA tools.
Robotic Process Automation is the technology that is the reason what everyone today uses to configure computer software. Click to explore about, Top 5 Reasons Why RPA Projects Fails?
Best practices of Robotic Process Automation Testing
Below are the some best testing methods:
- Understand the requirements: Before beginning, the main target of the testing team is to know the requirements of the automated process. This step is very important because the other steps will depend on it.
- Code analysis: The tester must analyze the code to understand the flow of processes.
- Please select the right scenarios: The tester must assure the customer about the software developed according to business needs.
- Test cases and scripts: In this step, various types of test cases with different outcomes will be needed in the origination of test scripts.
- Testing the data: Without testing the data, automation testing can give a faulty result. That's why it is necessary to have a clear view of understanding the data for successful testing.
- Control Defects: Defects are common in every testing. To manage defects, it should be written down by the tester, and it is essential to inform the developer's team about the defect.
- Final Outcome: When the steps mentioned above run successfully, it will give the outcome.
What are the challenges of Robotic Process Automation Testing?
As every software needs to be tested before deployment, RPA bots must be tested before execution. We should keep in mind some points which are as follows:
- Bot exceptions: You should notice how the bots manage the software problems, page not loading problems and exception problems, etc., successfully.
- Integration Problem: Integration occurs when bots cannot manage logs, firewalls, orchestrator issues, etc.
- Bot Functionality: Input/Output capabilities of the bot, stability, configuration, and security validation must be resolved.
- Flow error: The bot can handle the data, and it should be able to inform any exceptions which occur during the execution time. Most importantly, the bot should begin recovery from the failure.
- Environment exception: The bot is also able to manage environmental changes such as screen resolutions, version change, etc., but they are not able to self-diagnose and recover from the exceptions.
Which are the steps of RPA Testing?
The basic steps for RPA testing are described below:
Step 1: Testing in RPA using UiPath Studio is straightforward. The tester should test the process before deploying. Here, developers can also test the process apart from the tester. First, the tester or developer must select the process they want to test. Then they have to right-click on the Main.xaml under the Project Panel, a list of options will be opened, and they have to select the Create Test Case option.
Step 2: After creating the test case, they will see the structure of the test case. There are three sections, and they are:
- Given section: Put the input for testing the process.
- When section: Invoke the RPA process on which the testing will be done.
- Then section: In this section, verification will happen to get the required outcome.
Step 3: After executing the test cases, we get the outcome that shows the percentage of the activities from the workflow covered by the TestCase.
Which RPA Tool is best for your business? Click to explore about, Best RPA Open Source Tools
Use Case of RPA Testing - UiPathTesting in Studio is easy to test the code before deploying. To test every workflow in the project and make code more efficient, a developer goes with the UiPath studio's testing. UiPath testing can be tested by a developer when developing the code as it won’t take much time using testing suits. Below are the two images. The first one is a panel where we select our workflow to test. In the second one, we get the framework to see below mentioned 3 steps.
- Given: In this section, we apply input to test our code.
- When: In this section, we invoke the code on which testing to be done.
- Then: This section applies our required conditions to get the required result.
What are the advantages of RPA Testing?Testing is one of the main objectives of any software development. Software or product development can be fast if testing of the product is fast. Below listed are certain advantages of employing this Testing onboard:
- Using RPA technology for testing, it is possible to do many GUI test automation, as the RPA tool can capture repetitive IT system interactions.
- It reduces the processing time by 40 percent.
- It is preferred for its smooth life cycle and easy adaptability.
- We can test our web portal data by scraping or scanning functionality.
- It increases the product's quality easily and helps in product development to develop fast.
- It gives great data accuracy and saves Time-to-market time.
- With the involvement of RPA, the User Acceptance Test (UAT) can be more productive and Accurate.
- It reduces errors that occur during manual testing.
- It supports the output of huge knowledge testing that enhances the general quality and maintenance of the top product even when it hits the market.