Getting Started with Laravel and Continuous Delivery
- Laravel is an open source PHP framework to develop applications with MVC (Model, View, Controller) Approach.
- Continuous Delivery of Laravel involves creating a build and running automated tests.
- Microsoft Azure is Cloud Computing Platform considered as PaaS(Platform as a Service) and IaaS(Infrastructure as a Service).
Challenge for Building Continuous Integration and Deployment Platform
- Build a highly available, scalable production environment to deploy Laravel application.
- Build Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment to perform automatic deployments for production, release and development environment.
- Website configuration and administration - specifically, Apache and generic, GIT, MySQL, PHP.
Service Offerings Cloud Platform
Use the Cloud environment, Database, and Jenkins.
- Microsoft Azure - In Microsoft Azure, use computing services for instance (Ubuntu 16.04), VPC and Security Groups.
- Database - For the database service use MySQL.
- Jenkins - Jenkins, a continuous build tool, enables teams to focus on work by automating the build, Artifact Management, and deployment processes.