Thanks for submitting the form.
Introduction to Software Testing AutomationBefore moving towards what is inclined in Software Testing Automation, let’s lookup for Automation Testing Myths, which needs to be clear before moving to the upcoming technology enhancements-
- Is Testing all about Automation?
- An increase in Automation testing will remove Manual testers.
- Manual Testing
- Automation testing
To Go through the reality behind the myths mentioned above, Automation testing is responsible for completing repetitive tasks with better accuracy and less time span. So testing is not all about automation. It is the process that creates automation of tasks for which scenarios and cases are prepared manually after understanding the whole working functionality. Manual testers need automation testing to remove the headache of performing repetitive tasks repeatedly with manual efforts, which could be saved to apply in more complex requirements understanding.
80% of testing is only a repetition of the checks that the software already possess, Artificial Intelligence will be helpful to automate the processes in an efficient way instead of a human tester. Taken From Article, Artificial Intelligence in Software Testing
What are the latest trends in Software Testing Automation?
Below is the structure showing the latest and upcoming years enhancements.
Cloud-based Software Testing
Cloud-based testing means testing the software with resources in the cloud. Cloud software testing is necessary after drifting to Cloud, and testing with the cloud is possible with any public, private and hybrid cloud. The area covered in Cloud-based Software automation testing will be-
- Network-based cloud testing
- It Tests the coverage of the data flow control over different networks with different bandwidths and tests the successful transfer of data.
- Infrastructure based cloud testing
- It focuses on the failure recovery and storage policies with Secure connection of networks.
- Application cloud-based testing
- It covers the functionality, end-to-end working, Browser compatibility, and production workflow with cloud testing.
To look at the benefits of cloud-based testing, we can say that users need to pay for the time the infrastructure is in use, parallel testing over platform, browser, and devices, Enables continuous delivery, and better scalability.
Choose a testing tool that can automate applications that you are planning to use — ideally, any application under test (AUT). Source: The 3 Main Test Automation Factors
Cloud-based Collaboration Testing Tool
Cloud-based collaboration testing tools allow the geographically located testing professionals to divide their work over the team by creating tasks and prioritizing them to complete the testing effectively and on time. Major usable tools are below with their specialty of making teams work together with cloud technologies-
Asana is a cloud-based Saas to provide a collaborative approach to testing. Many testers can log in and work collaboratively by assigning tasks to each team member and setting their priority. Listing your team board, calendars, and big charts creates your way of work.
This platform Atlassian JIRA is to handle bugs and project issues. With this software's help, roadmaps for project and test management are possible parallelly and at the same place.
Trello is the project management tool beneficial for testing management and provides project information to the trello board. The best quality is to show who is working on what is a clear view.
Software testing is an important process that ensures customer satisfaction in the application. Source: Artificial Intelligence in Software Testing
Artificial Intelligence & Machine LearningArtificial Intelligence is the computer science technique that introduces intelligent machines with the Machine learning method's help to do the tasks without human efforts with multiple & large datasets to learn about the process/software. In the field of software automation testing, it benefits in many forms, such as.
- It helps in Unit testing by working with RPA, an AI-based technology, to create automated processes to perform any task.
- Algorithms of AI/ML helps to create the most used test cases and scenarios by reading the application's observation and preparing the data set to train the model for the application's action in certain situations.
- According to the researchers, Machines can remember visual patterns in a better way. So the AI/ML machines will also help in developing the GUI testing and visual testing tasks.
Demand for IoT & Big Data TestingIoT which refers to the Internet of things is the science which connects the internet connectivity to household objects such as Voice controllers, Air quality monitor, wireless high-speed internet, Connected appliances, electric farming equipment, Wearable health equipment, Smart factory equipment, Smart home security systems, Wireless inventory trackers, Biometric cyber-security scanners and a lot more. Testings which is most importantly in IoT’s are-
- Security and connectivity testing
- Integration Testing
- Network testing
Blockchain is the new frontier for secure transactions. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean blockchain solutions are managed securely. Taken From Article, X-Force Red Blockchain Testing
Blockchain TestingBlockchain is a secure and indestructible digital record book with cryptography and encryption of data to link different records or blocks in the chain. Type of testing done with blockchains are:
- Node testing
- Integration testing
- Functional testing
- API Testing
- Performance testing
- Security Testing
- The maximum Block size should be 1 megabyte, and testers need to keep this in mind while automating blockchain testing.
- Chain size
- Connection of Blocks
- Encryption And Decryption of data
Robotic Process AutomationRPA Testing makes the time-consuming tasks to be completed early and can be performed with any manual attention. To create a task for testing in RPA, it consists of already created processes that only need to be dragged and dropped to prepare a testing process.
- It makes testing tasks easy by a codeless process which helps in the ease of maintaining the syntax.
- The accuracy is achieved for all the testing tasks as the work performed by bots, not humans.
- Productivity is increased as the time consuming is reduced and the number of executions increased.
Demands for Cybersecurity & Risk Compliance TestingAs digital competence increases, the number of threats to cyberattacks is also rising. Security is not only securing the transactions but also protecting the end-to end-users privacy. As the digital world is increasing day by day, cyber-attacks will be ongoing at a higher level in the upcoming years. The security testing approaches enhancements will be a constant hot topic for several more years.
Autoscaling CI/CD to support parallel testingOnly one developing branch is used to execute the CI/CD pipeline build's monolithic approach. Suppose any bug or error causes delays in product or application delivery and needs more application changes to resolve the issue. Autoscaling of CI/CD parallels the parallel execution of multiple feature branches with a developed branch to handle this issue. On the count of tests that need to run under the pipeline, the grid-scale hub increases the nodes' count in use and activates the hub's connectivity. Such Autoscaling of the pipelines will make a huge increase in the testing outcomes for a particular application.
The quality assurance and software testing process of software development is as necessary as the actual code had written. Taken From Article, Software Testing Best Practices and Solutions
Why do we need of Automation Testing tool?
Automation tool for software testing helps the project team members as well as the organizations in automating their project testing. With the help of automation tools, the organization can replace human efforts in some repetitive tasks. As a result, organizations will deliver their product with greater efficiency and without any delay.
How to Choose best Testing Automation Tools?
While testing a specific project, a team faces many challenges in manual testing or with their current software testing tool, so there is a need for an automation tool that fulfills the team's requirements. There are some following points below which should be followed for choosing the best automation tools-
- User Interface - User interface plays a vital role in automation tools for software testing. The tool should be easier to use by the team.
- Documentation - The automation tool should be clean and have a documentation process with easily exportable test cases and outcomes.
- Usability- The tool should be user-friendly, and it should be easily accessible.
- Script languages - The automation tool must be selected based on scripting languages supported by the chosen tool. It should not be specific to one scripting language only.
- Version Control - There should be a way to extract the history data and revert to the team's local changes.
- Integrations - Integrations with other Bug tracking tools and plugins should be measured while selecting the tool. The tool should be able to integrate with any bug tracking tool like JIRA. The tool should be supported with various operating systems as well as with browsers.
- Pricing - Pricing is an essential factor to be considered.
Application leaders driving DevOps initiatives require effective test automation to succeed in this Magic Quadrant. Taken From Article, Magic Quadrant for Software Test Automation
What are the Top 5 best Testing Automation Tools?
As organizations are moving towards digital transformation, there is a need for the quality of the software and how much time a particular organization takes to build the particular project. The main demand is that your software should be error-free and secure. The demand for automation tools for software testing is at its peak as the organization replaces manual testing with automation testing. Following are some software automation testing tools that will best fit with the difficulties in automation over some time-
- Katalon Studio
Below given are the key features of the top 5 tools testing automation tools
It is clear from the above visual that Selenium is a software testing automation tool for testing web applications through automation testing. It is an excellent open-source automation testing tool that can be supported with multiple browsers and various operating systems and supported with multiple scripting languages.
Features of Selenium
- This tool helps in creating complex automation scripts.
- This can be used as a base for other software automation testing tools.
- Selenium works with various programming languages like Java, C#, Python, Ruby, PHP.
It is one popular software automation testing tool used to test desktop, mobile, and web applications. TestComplete works with multiple scripting languages.
Features of TestComplete
- In this tool, scripts are reusable.
- This tool automatically generates complex test scripts without writing any code.
- This tool's user interface is much better than any other tool.
- Visual playback functionality is available in this tool.
- Data-driven and regression testing are supported by this tool.
A test automation pattern is a method of taking care of an issue or problem in test automation that has worked for some individuals. Taken From Article, Domain Driven Testing for Test Automation
This tool is like an all-in-one test automation solution. Katalon Studio is a software automation testing tool that works with both web applications as well as mobile applications This tool supports integration with a variety of bug tracking tools.
- This tool is versatile because it supports operating systems like Linux,macOS, and Windows.
- This tool consists of hundreds of in-built keywords for writing test cases.
- This tool does not require any high-level knowledge of programming languages.
TestProject is a free cloud-based test automation platform that the users use for testing web, android, and IOS applications on all operating systems. This tool consists of advanced built-in recording capabilities and Just by recording the web pages.
- This tool does not require complex setup and configurations.
- A detailed dashboard for a better understanding of reports of test cases is available in this tool.
- This tool does not require a deep knowledge of coding languages.
- The test cases and results can be shared and exported to the entire team members.
Subject7 is a cloud-based automation testing platform and supports end-to-end automation testing for web applications, mobile applications, desktop applications, databases, web services, load testing, security, and accessibility testing.
- This tool supports integrations with Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Jenkins.
- The subject7 tool helps testing functionality with thousands of steps and captures videos of success and failures.
What is the most used testing tool?
The top 5 digital testing tools are:
Latest Trend in the Software Testing AutomationOn looking at the increase in It industry with evolving technologies such as
- Element discovering approach
- API understanding of how the Elements are working
- Configuration handling
- Automation tools understanding
- Knowledge of Functional testing
- Test plan creation and document creation
As the world is changing and enhancements in each sector are happening. The above are the technologies/Processes which are evolving the testing infrastructure such as AI/ML, Autoscaling of CI/CD, Big data testing Cloud Testing, IoT Testing at a larger scale to work. Testers need to enhance their skills according to the listed skill set to manage testing process changes.