Overview of Site Reliability EngineeringThis document consists of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team's challenges, responsibilities, and all the tasks performed in Ginni's project.
What are the Challenges of SRE teams?The below described are Ginni's challenges and solutions offered by XenonStack's Site Reliability Engineering team.
Setup Bigblue button on Linux ServerSolution Offered
- The client needed BigBlueButton is a web conferencing system for Linux servers designed for online learning.
Technology/ Solution ArchitectureBigBlueButton is an open-source web conferencing system for online learning. The goal of the BigBlueButton project is to enable remote students to have a high-quality online learning experience.
- Created a dedicated Linux server for big blue button installation
- Ensured all the minimum set of requirements for BigBlueButton
- Done all Pre-installation checks
- Then performed all installation steps on a Linux server dedicatedly used for BigBlueButton setup
Best Solutions Implementation Cues for SRE Team
The below are the solutions for the Setup Opencast on a Linux Server.
Opencast for automated video capturing, processing, managing, and distributing. We have installed the applications on the Linux servers provided by the client.
Technology/ Solution Architecture
- Opencast can be deployable on-premises, in the cloud, or even create a hybrid system with both.
- Opencast requires several dependencies, so before starting the installation, we need to install those dependencies.
- There is a Debian repository available for the installation of opencast on a Linux machine.
- We have followed the same for the installation of Opencast.
Opencast is accessible at opencast