Thanks for submitting the form.
Introduction to DevOps on Google Cloud Platform
What is DevOps?
Development and Operations is a methodology or an operating model that establishes an Agile relationship between growth and IT operations. The primary goal of it is to automate the processes between software development and IT teams, DevOps builds, tests, and releases software faster.
Provide such a culture, which allows fast, efficient, reliable software delivery through production. Click to explore about our, System Testing Tools
What is GCP?
Google offers a vast number of services. Basically, it is the collection of Google's computing resources and other resources made available via means of services. Here other resources' services may include Google's Storage and Databases, Big Data, Machine Learning, Networking, and many more. Apart from Google's Computing resources, it supports lots of SRE tools that make the process more speedy builds and delivers the products more reliably to the users.
How does DevOps work on GCP?
Stackdriver used for Critical Monitoring. GCP supports its efforts by providing services to build, store and deploy apps. Its features are accessible in it. Most organizations use its model and technology to demonstrate integration with the existing development, testing, deployment, and operations process. IT Team recognizes whether it is right for the organization while have apps. It is used to build apps with better and long lead times and development cycles. Continuous Delivery/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) world, new versions are launching which require a Continuous Delivery/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) framework.
It is the company’s fully-managed Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) platform comprising testing and deploying the software at a faster scale. It works across various environments comprising VMs, serverless, Kubernetes, or Firebase. It supports Docker containers for building an image and turning it on Docker and the flexibility to build, test and deploy.
Google Platform provides unique offerings for Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and IoT services. Click to explore about our, Google Cloud Platform IoT Services
Why it matters?
- Get Started Fast - In the GCP account, there are loT Services on it ready to use; there's no need to set up or software to install.
- Fully Managed Services - These services take advantage of their resources without worrying about settings or installing software or operating infrastructure.
- Built for Scale - It manages a single instance and scales up to thousands using its services. These services make more flexible compute resources by directly provisioning, configuring, and scaling.
- Programmable - It can use each service via the platform CLI or through API's. It also models and provisions GCP resources and all its infrastructure using declarative.
- Automation - GCP uses automation to build faster and more efficiently. Using its services, automate tasks or processes such as deployment, development & test workflow manually, and configure.
- Secure - GCP I AM to sets user permission and policies. It's used for user access to particular services of its resources and how users access those services.
Benefits of DevOps on Google Cloud Platform
- Better Pricing Than Competitors.
- Private Global Fiber Networks.
- Live Migration of Virtual machines.
- Improved Performance.
- More Security.
- Dedicate to Continuous Expansion.
- Redundant Backups.
Assessment enables your organization to identify the new opportunities where you can use it and its associated technologies with the greatest business impact and ROI. Click to explore about, DevOps Assessment for AWS, Azure and GCP
How to adopt DevOps on GCP?
Listed below are the steps to adopt.
Software Release Workflow
It is a cloud platform code pipeline. Its code pipeline is a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery service for fast and reliable application and infrastructure updates. Core pipeline builds, tests, and deploys code every time on the system for changes based on the release process models defined. It enables rapid and reliably deliver of features and updates.
Build & Test Code
It is code built to make code and test code. GCP code build is a fully managed build service that compiles the source codes required, and then it runs, and it's time to test and produces software packages ready to deploy. Codebuild doesn't need to provision, manage and scale build servers. It amounts to continuous and processes multiple builds concurrently; builds are not left to wait in a queue.
It is GCP code deploy to perform deployment automation. It is GCP code deployment to automate code deployments to any of the instances, including Google EC2 instances and on-premises servers. It's a deployment in GCP code deploy makes it easier to do rapidly new releases with new features, avoid downtime during application deployment, and handles the complexity of updating the application.
Unified CI/CD Projects
It is a GCP codestar used for CI/CD projects. Codestar quickly develops, builds, and deploys the application on its dashboard of it. GCP codestar provides a specified user interface to manage software development activities in one place efficiently. With its code, star set up the entire Continuous Delivery toolchain in minutes, to start releasing code faster.
Besides the Deployment Manager provided by GCP, you can easily leverage any third-party, open-source tool that you already use.Click to explore about our, GCP for Infrastructure As Code - Tools
Build & Deploy Microservices architecture using Containers and Serverless Computing
Elastic Container Service is a highly scalable, high-performance Container Management service that supports Docker containers and allows the application to run efficiently on a managed account of flexible container services instances.
Provision, Configure and Manage GCP Infrastructure
DevOps in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) reduces complexities and increases the efficiency of development and operations workflows.GCP creates sample templates or creates models to monitor and enforce infrastructure compliance.
- Configuration Management.
- Policy as Code.
- Run and Manage Web Apps.
- Private Git Hosting.
- It use the Services of GCP as per the requirement of the Project.
- Code Build.
- Code Deploy.
What are the cloud-native tools?
- Cloud Native
- Feature Flagging Tools
- DevOps Monitoring and Visualization Tools
- Continuous Feedback Tools
- License Compliance Management
Site reliability engineers collaborate with alternative engineers, product owners, and customers to return up with targets. Source- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
Best practices of DevOps on GCP
- No Server Management - Deploy code, and Google runs and scales it. It includes all the underlying infrastructure, focus on code, and builds applications faster than ever before.
- Pay only while code runs - It is used for spinning up on-demand and scaling down in response to events. Pay when a function executes, metered to the nearest 100 milliseconds, and pay nothing after the function finishes.
- Scales automatically - Cloud Functions used by it automatically manage and scales underlying infrastructure with the workload size.
- Runs code in response to events - GCP function allows to trigger the code from Google Cloud Platform, Firebase, and GA, or call it directly from the web, mobile, or backend application via HTTP.
- Connects and extends services - GCP, Firebase, GA, and Third-party services used as building blocks, connect with it and extend them with code, and rapidly move this to production.
Enabling DevOps SRE Tools on Cloud Platform
- Compute Engine
- App Engine
- Container Engine
Some Other Popular IaC tools
This explains that it is just an idea, and SRE its implementation has become a tool for me to explain those words clearly. It's also good that it's Google-like to explain programming language-like expressions.
- Click to explore AI Solutions and Services
- Know more about Azure DevOps Services and Solutions