Thanks for submitting the form.
What is Continuous Intelligence?Continuous Intelligence (CI) is the way for systems to know what is happening around them in real-time, so they act accordingly, google maps in our case. Continuous Intelligence is around us, and we deal with it daily in some or another way. It has become the most crucial part of our daily life.
Continuous intelligence is a design pattern in which real-time analytics are integrated into business operations, processing current and historical data to prescribe actions in response to business moments and other events. Source: Continuous Intelligence, GartnerSuppose Your best friend in need when you get stuck or lost in any corner of the globe and crave for right directions. Google maps come to the rescue, and that it is using a Continuous Intelligence platform behind the scenes to track your location at each point of time alongside the details of traffic en route. This innovation insight for continuous intelligence will discuss its types, role, benefits, and more. Stay tuned!
Types of Continuous Intelligence SystemsBasically, there are two types of Continuous Intelligence systems:
1. Proactive Push SystemsThese are always on listening mode and wait for any opportunity to occur to push responses automatically.
2. On-Demand SystemsThe user has to invoke the system. On invocation, it starts processing and triggers a response after reaching a decision.
Role of Continuous Intelligence in Present ScenarioContinuous Intelligence enables the Artificial Intelligence approach, which reduces the burden or even eliminates human intervention on many tasks. IT professionals are always surrounded by massive amounts of notifications and logs from system and monitoring tools. Thus some may get ignored and can lead to response delay for about weeks or even months. With the Continuous Intelligence platform enabled, this reduces alert fatigue and quick response as the CI tool identifies the logs and alerts and comes up with a solution or approach to fix. IT professionals are provided with it on the go, and they need not manually identify or study each log or alert. This eventually leads to a faster response. Cloud platforms, Application containers are rapidly deploying software and hardware and halting the use of traditional tools and processes.
How is Continuous Intelligence Related to Big Data?The original vision of Big Data is to collect different sorts of data from various sources and move to a single place where further processing would be done. However, these data were sometimes incompatible with the existing BI tools, and therefore a stage was needed to be added to the pipeline known as Data wrangling. Know what is big data here with us. Data Wrangling, aka Data munging, is converting data from one form (raw) to the other, i.e., compatible with tools. This slowed down the decision-making process. With the introduction of AI-driven platforms, it has become relatively easy to automate the data processing job. One can use a Continuous Intelligence platform such as ‘Spark.’ With just one click, it can extract and normalize data from various sources and automatically send visual insights to organizations.
How is Continuous Intelligence Different from Business Intelligence?Simply putting, Business Intelligence is that kid from high school that requires a teacher’s guidance on every step involved in chemistry practical. Continuous Intelligence is the one who grasps things quickly and needs to be taught once. After that, he can do the full practice on its own. Business Intelligence mostly depends on the skills and expertise of individuals running the BI tool, and they have to perform each of the following steps manually.
- Data Pulling
Is CI Beneficial for Business?A report points towards by the end of 2023, more than half of the new businesses will introduce Continuous Intelligence in their work environment. So how can the Continuous Intelligence platform be beneficial for an organization?
1. Reducing the workload of your IT teamIT teams receive tons of notifications from various alerts and monitors being set up. Most of them are complex and take time to understand what it is about. Others take time to solve as IT teams need time to find the right approach to a particular alert. With the introduction of the Continuous Intelligence platform, issues can be tracked down even before they occur as CI tools intelligently reduce data patterns. It can also give them the right approach to solve a particular alert by deducing patterns from the alert data.
2. Cyber SecurityA cybersecurity threat may go unnoticed by a team member (genuine human error). Still, if the CI tool is implemented in the system, which is AI-driven capability, it can raise alert to the team and, more specific to the human response. This can save an organization from chaos. Know about The Role of Artificial Intelligence in Cyber Security here.
Applications of Continuous IntelligenceContinuous Intelligence is not industry-specific, and it can be applied to the number of industries. For example: Financial Sector:- A payment gateway company like Amazon uses a Continuous Intelligence platform to engage its customers by providing them with various offers. Now, Amazon has a customer base all over the globe. So the same request cannot apply to all the customers. It depends on numerous details like:
- Customer region
- Revenue of Amazon in that region
- Customer’s choice pattern
- Personality insights