Thanks for submitting the form.
What is Cloud-Native Database?A Cloud-Native database is a sort of database service which is used to build, deployed and delivered through cloud platforms. It is mostly a Cloud platform as a service which provides models that allow the organization, end-user and their respective applications to store and manage and retrieve data from the cloud. Cloud Database which delivers a scalable, reliable database solution. Clients have a service level for their cloud environment. It is deployed across a non-virtualized environment, giving the databases accessible to the full capacity of the underlying hardware.
Database changes are certainly a tedious process and therefore it deserves to be expressed in the DevOps implementation. Click to explore about, DevOps for Databases
Why Cloud-Native Databases is important?
- Better Security - Cloud-native database may seem like a very distant and intangible place to store valuable information. It is more secure than a User think. With the help of proper anti-virus and firewalls and some rules, we can secure our data. Also, staying with the latest software technology guarantees that cloud computing can provide higher quality data protection for business handling sensitive information.
- More Available Space - It is one of the most useful aspects of the cloud that it can store a large amount of data without the need for multiple USB drives.
- Increased Collaboration - In this service, we can access our information from anywhere. It creates the perfect tool for collaboration, especially with colleagues all over the country. This aspect makes it easy for all team members to collaborate without the danger of lost or duplicate work.
- Cost Effective - It is cost effective because a one-time payment for unlimited storage in the cloud is a lot more cost effective than having to buy or repair multiple hard drives continually. If we purchase relatively cheap Hard drives, they are easily lost or damaged, thus, making them expensive to maintain in the long-term. So to over this Cloud Storage allows buying as much as a little storage you require relative for workflow.
- Redundancy - Cloud computing provides duplicate copies and systems that can be used in the case of a failure. These duplicate copies are made accessible through having data replicated on multiple computers within the same database. These service helps users that their information always available to them even when things take an unexpected turn.
What are the benefits of Cloud Native Databases?There are lots of benefits of Cloud Native database here are of them -
- Storage and Scalability
- Backup and Recovery
- Cost Efficiency
- IT Innovation
- Easy Implementation
- Automatic Updates
A cloud computing managed service offering model that enables users to set up, operate, manage and scale with some form of access to a Database without the need for setting it up on physical hardware. Click to explore about, Database-as-a-Service
How to adopt Cloud Native Databases?There are many different cloud database providers are working which provide database as a service, which is further divided into three major categories, there are Relational, Non-Relational and Running Virtual Machine Loaded with local database software like SQL.There are lots of companies offering database as a service like Amazon RDS, Microsoft SQL Azure, Google App Engine Data store, and Amazon SimpleDB. Each Service Provider is different from others depending on the quality and sort of services being provided. Specific parameters can be used to select the best service that will suit the company.
Choosing best DBaaSBy the selecting of DBaaS which is depends not only on the services which are provided by the company. But it also depends on the requirement of the company as well. Specific parameters can be taken as a guide to choosing the best DBaaS.
Data SizingIn each DBaaS provider has a different capacity of storing data on the database. The data sizing is critical that will go sure about the sizes of data that it will be stored in the database.E.g - Amazon RDS which allows the user to stored up to 1TB of data in the one database, on the other hand, SQL Azure allows only 50GB of data for one database.
Transaction CapabilitiesThe transaction capabilities are the dominant feature of the cloud database as the completion of the transaction is essential for the user. The user must be aware that the deal has been successful or not.
ConfigurationMany databases can become easily configurable by the user as most of the configuration is done by the service provider. In this way, there are decidedly fewer options available left to the administrator of the databases, and admin can efficiently manage the database without more efforts.
Data Integrity, Security and Storage LocationSecurity has been the major threats to the data which is stored in the cloud storage. The guard also depends on the encryption methods used and the storage locations of the data. The data is stored in different areas in data centers.
An approach to speed up building new applications, optimizing existing ones, and connecting all of them. Click to explore about, Why Cloud Native Applications?
What are the best practices of Cloud-Native Databases?
- Auto-Provisioning - Automatically provision different environments using code which is VCed/GIT.
- Auto-Redundancy - Cloud-native apps are highly resilient to failure. When an issue occurs, apps move to another server or VM automatically and seamlessly.
- Auto-Scaling - Increases/Decreases the resources whenever spike in traffic is there. Application design should be done using Microservices.
- API exposure - Expose API using REST or GRPC.
- Enabled Testing
- Enable Farewell and Services mesh.
- Utilize Multi-Cloud Deployment.
- Setup Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
- Safe Data in Transit.
- Data Access Control for a Database in Cloud.
- Keep Data in Multiple Regions and Zone.
Cloud-Native Databases Tools
- Apache Tomcat
Compressive StrategyCloud-Native database service is used to build, deployed and delivered through cloud platforms. Mostly, it is considered as a Cloud platform as a service which provides models that support the organization, end-user and their respective applications to store and manage and retrieve data from the cloud. To understand the criteria of cloud native databases in depth, you are advised to take below steps:
- Learn more about Cloud Native Applications Benefits and Practices
- Explore more about Cloud Native Application Design
- Read our insight based on Container Security
- Learn How to secure your Cloud-Native Applications end-to-end?