Thanks for submitting the form.
Pragmatic DevOps - An OverviewDevOps is a buzz today in the IT industry. It is about delivering value to the customer faster and safer. Many companies, including startups, are adopting DevOps so that they can grow faster, this sounds good. Still, DevOps requires fierce commitment and intent, so it is not easy to adopt DevOps. To adopt Pragmatic DevOps strategies properly, a company must follow its pragmatic approach. The pragmatic approach is nothing but a way of dealing with problems sensibly and practically, and also, it is a process that removes waste out of the system.
Adopting Pragmatic DevOpsMany companies are adopting DevOps pragmatic tips these days, and some of them are experiencing tremendous growth with the help of Enterprise DevOps best practices, but many companies are facing issues in adopting DevOps - Pragmatic production. These companies should be pragmatic in understanding that all companies are not the same, and they should try to overcome these challenges.
Common Challenges in Pragmatic DevOps Adoption
1. Choosing the right projectIt might be possible that the project the company is working on may not suit the DevOps. Later, it is slowing the development process of that project so the company should keep it in mind that DevOps Pragmatic tips are not the ideal choice for every project. This is why the company should be more selective in choosing a project for DevOps implementation.
2. Lack of experience (Elusive People Problems)Many companies adopt Pragmatic DevOps without having any prior experience in it, this leads to a disastrous problem known as an elusive people problem, in this problem developers and management themselves create an environment where DevOps Pragmatic production fails miserably.
3. Legacy Apps and SystemsDevOps adoption has increased in the last few years. However, still, many apps were built without keeping DevOps in mind, so it is one of the significant challenges to maintain these legacy systems, and these apps can also slow down the DevOps process.
4. Dev and Ops clashesDevOps is the collaboration among developers and operations teams. Still, it might be possible that these teams fail in collaborating which fails the pragmatic tips.
5. BudgetMost of the automation tools for DevOps are open source. Still, it does not mean that a company can adopt DevOps without paying any money. Pragmatic DevOps uses the cloud for networking, storage, and monitoring, so it is essential to manage the budget for that, if a company fails in doing so, the DevOps will also fail with it.
6. ToolsDevOps comes with multiple tools, and it seems that these tools can solve any problem in software development, but that is not the truth, collaboration and the team members are more critical than these tools, but companies ignore this fact. They focus too much on these tools and become dependent on these tools, due to this Pragmatic DevOps may not work correctly in that company.
7. Resistance to changeMany workers in the company do not want to leave their comfort zone, and they do not want to integrate with other teams. This leads to the disturbance in the company and in that disturbance, it is not possible to implement DevOps practices.
To reap the advantages and decrease application management time to the greatest degree, consider using Pragmatic DevOps. Source: A Pragmatic Strategy For Application Modernization
How to overcome Pragmatic DevOps challenges?DevOps is growing with lightning speed today. Still, these challenges are a threat to many companies that are following DevOps, and these challenges may fail in Pragmatic DevOps adoption. To overcome these challenges, these companies must follow a pragmatic approach; they should follow a practical approach to solve these problems.
1. Be quick but do not hurryCompanies should not rush in adopting DevOps practices. First, they should follow proper guidance for adopting DevOps. They should train their employees in DevOps at a quick pace, and after that, they should adopt DevOps with appropriate instructions. Companies should also understand that “Patience is the key” in adopting DevOps, they can not achieve DevOps overnight. It will take months to embed the culture of DevOps fully.
2. Better collaborationDevOps Pragmatic production is a collaboration between developers and operations people, by working together, these two teams can increase the productivity of the company. To adopt DevOps properly, companies should focus on avoiding any rift between these two teams, which is one of the most common DevOps challenges.
3. Replacing legacy systemsAs I described above legacy apps are one of the major problems in adopting DevOps processes, to adopt DevOps properly the companies have to replace these apps, to do so they should replace these apps with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and microservices.
4. SecurityDevOps is increasing today, but alongside it, malicious attacks are also growing faster. Many people and organizations become the target of hackers every day. So it is essential to secure not only the product but also the pipeline of the Pragmatic DevOps lifecycle. For this, DevSecOps includes security in the early stages of the software development life cycle. Also, to increase the security in DevOps, companies should focus on enhancing the skills of their security team. Additionally, should try to automate things as much as possible.
ConclusionDevOps is evolving continuously, and now it grabs the top priority in a developer’s mind, but as I described above, many challenges are still threatening the DevOps. So the companies who are new to Pragmatic DevOps or want to adopt DevOps should deal with these challenges in a sensible way, they should follow a proper strategy to overcome these challenges.