Getting Started with Data Warehousing
Data WareHouse stores massive data , central repository of information analysed to make better informed decisions. Latest Data WareHouse architectures include –
- Amazon RedShift
- Google BigQuery
Data WareHouse Characteristics
- Highly Reliable
- Data Integrity
- Better Storage Performance
- Faster Sequential Reads
- Elimination of Physical Hardware
- Massive Parallel Processing
Data WareHouse Classification
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Processes – Data Warehousing tunes the ETL processing to increase performance and reduce load time.
- Query Processing – Query Optimisation by understanding query execution in database, aggregate tables, index usage, Vertical and Horizontal Partitioning, Denormalization, server tuning.
- Delivering Reports – Network traffic, server setups delay in delivery of reports. Implement Performance Tuning to avoid this.