Building Analytics Stack for Streaming Applications
- SKACK Stack is an open source Full-Stack platform for Real-Time analysis of Big Data. It consists of Apache Spark, Kubernetes, Akka, Apache Cassandra, and Apache Kafka.
- GCP & GlusterFS acts a storage solution as it supports multi-mount and data remains on all nodes of GlusterFS & GCP.
Common challenge for Multi Node cluster on SKACK
- Set up a multi-node cluster for SKACK Stack with a document on Kubernetes.
- Container environment is not persistent by default, so application in it needs Persistent storage to store data.
- Using it to scale up Spark.
- Using it to scale up Cassandra
- Using it to scale up Kafka
Solution for on Premises Kubernetes ClusterTo overcome the challenges mentioned above, set up a three-node on premises Kubernetes cluster in which one will as a master and the other two workers. The Cluster includes-
- It Master
- Kubernetes Scheduler
- It Controller Manager
Guide to Reactive Application Development and AkkaReactive Application Development builds reliable enterprise applications using reactive design patterns. It designs elastic domain models, builds fault-tolerant systems, efficient handling of large data volumes. Akka is a toolkit to build highly concurrent, distributed, and fault tolerant event-driven applications on the JVM. Reactive Design Patterns are event-based architectures for asynchronous handling of the large volume of concurrent service requests from single or multiple service handlers building responsive applications on JVM.
Features of Reactive Design Patterns
- Domain Driven Design
- Reactive Microservices
- Consistent, Availability and Scalable
- Message and Coordination
Real-Time Applications of Reactive Design Patterns
- Design and deploy scalable, resilient, responsive and elastic systems.
- Design Reactive Microservices.
- Reactive techniques and patterns.
- Online Shopping Application.
- Huge transaction processing services of the Banking sector.
- Share trade business.