Building and Monitoring Jenkins Pipeline
Jenkins Pipeline Architecture
- Configure a build environment.
- Check the code.
- Build code without using environment specific settings for the build process independent of the environment.
- Perform quality controls consisting of running tests and code quality checks.
- Code Deployment on Continuous Integration environment.
- Run functional tests and deploy code on the testing environment.
- Code deployment on the User Acceptance and Production environment.
Features of Jenkins Pipeline
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Automation.
- Reliable and Efficient.
- Iterative Development and Access Control.
- Multi-branch Pipelines.
- Elimination of manual job creation and management.
- Version Control.
- Extended and Integrated with other plugins
Monitoring and Visualizing Jenkins Pipeline
- Visualize job duration metrics.
- Use Real Jenkins Pipeline.
- Develop Pipeline as Code.
- Logical Segmentation of Pipeline called as Stages.
- Branch Pipeline in parallel steps.
- Acquire nodes within parallelism.
- Don’t use input within node block.
- Time Out plans for inputs.
- Don’t set environment variables with global environment variables.
- Downstream Buildview Plugin to visualize.
- Display status and progress of selected jobs.
- Support job view filters and build view analyzer.
- Support Claim Plugin to find broken build.