Building E-Learning Analytics Platform
Big Data is carving Educational Sector to study through software, receive instant feedback, student’s behavior and results. Big Data Analytics Platform in E-Learning concentrates on the use of data to leverage training results. With the usage of powerful tools such as predictive analysis, multi-source knowledge mapping, and machine learning, it is likely to design a system that provides individual Learning Analytics needs. Incorporating analytics with online learning results in a more extensive and in-depth evaluation of pupils. Big Data Analytics impacts education in various ways –
- Career Predictions and Recruitment Strategies
- Social and Emotional Intelligence
- Agile Decision-Making
- Better Learning Experience
- Data-Driven Organisation
E-Learning Platform provides teachers and students to connect online providing a virtual classroom to teach thousands of students at the same time.
Challenges for Building Real-Time Analytics Platform
- Build a Real-Time Analytics Platform to analyze the performance of students involving daily attendance, the presence of student during regular online sessions, marks of students in various tests conducted.
- Tracking of daily and weekly performance by students in Real-Time using the Platform.
Solution Offering for an E-Learning Platform
- E-Learning platform built using Microservices architecture having tables logically divided into multiple databases to perform management, scaling, load management, database for different parts of the E-Learning platform.
- Build a data warehouse to migrate tables of all databases into the data warehouse and build analytics platform on it.
Steps to Build Platform
- Data Ingestion Using Apache Nifi
- Generate Apache Kafka Event
- Real-Time Aggregation using Apache Spark Streaming
- Daily and Weekly Apache Spark Jobs
- Analytics Dashboard