Humans are again entering into the new era of automation. Robotic Process Automation is one transformation that is automating our daily repetitive tasks. Like Chatbots and AI, RPA enables a higher efficiency in human actions. With RPA, we get a virtual employee who can perform repetitive activity faster and more cost-effectively than humans.
Simply put, RPA has been shown to generate quick and high levels of ROI (Return On Investment) for customers.
How to Implement RPA with Humans?
The companies that implemented the RPA do not think of replacing their employees with automated bots. Instead, they want to relocate these workers to focus on creative and strategic work rather than repetitive work.
RPA can prove to be highly beneficial when it comes to the market.
- RPA bots automate data 24/7 without any break. It never makes any mistake. It hampers your team productivity. They work tirelessly with the same consistency and accuracy as humanoid robots made of software code.
- With RPA, we can watch the customer activities for up-selling by targeting and preparing data for customer subscription or warranty renewals. Collection of data through web-scraping for both marketing and sale activities.
- Bots can be programmed to monitor a client’s policy status and identify discounts and bundles opportunities. Through this, we can send highly segmented emails to maximize sales opportunities.
- RPA works alongside the IT structure. It just needs to be trained on how to use it. RPA uses the same graphic user interface that human workers would use to complete tasks, ensuring that the IT landscape need not be changed to accommodate RPA with the minimum cost
Click to explore Robotic Process Automation for Banking and Financial Services
What are the RPA Use Cases in various Industries?
There are various RPA Use Cases in the trending industries to stay competitive. Below are the industry type and their challenges and solution to the problems.
Problem: On-boarding, an employee, can be a very tedious task. RPA can help us with this. In this use case. When an employee is boarded, their details have to be filled in the system. The details have to be fetched from the offer letter, filled duty form, and other documents.
- Log in to the portal.
- Search for the employee in the portal.
- If the employee does not exist, then a mail will be generated.
- If the employee exists, then data will be extracted from the passport, which is in the Folder. (The folder will be with the employee id)
- Fill up the extracted data and complete the sections.
- Choose the particular option from the drop-down as per requirement.
- In section 3: The Performance evaluation will be selected based on the table given.
- In Sponsor name: We will check for the business unit if it is citymax or not. For “Citymax,” We will pick the name from the duty form.
- And other business units will open SharePoint and search for employees, extract the “Labor Card number,” and consider it a work permit number.
- The work permit number will be searched on the Mohre portal, and the company code will be extracted from there.
- Read the offer letter from the Folder and extract salary details and fill in Section- 4.
Night Audit Process
Problem: The night audit process is an end-of-day process. This process takes up all the hotel’s financial activities that have taken place in one day and add them to their appropriate accounts.
- Log in to the opera portal.
- Go to “Front Desk“
- Search for room type “PI.”
- Open room “9509“.
- The value of “Blocks not Picked Up” should be 0.
- If not 0, then no nights will be updated from 0 to1, and then repeat “PI” room check.
- Else Open “End of Day routine” and log in.
- Check for the country that no entry should be blank. If any country block is empty, then login to vicas and get the country from there.
- If any arrival has not been checked in, it should be canceled.
- Next, check the balance of PI rooms if zero or not. If not zero, the number of nights is increased from 0 to 1.
- Cashier closing will be done, and the end of the day of notes will be added.
- The message should be broadcasted to all terminals to logout.
- Run the “End of day” procedure and wait for it to complete.
- Run the final report and Print it if needed.
Resume Automation Process
Problem: HR gets a lot of resumes daily. Saving their data or daily downloading the resumes and sending the same message to every person manually can be a difficult task. So we can automate this process through RPA in human resources management by which all the resumes will get downloaded and stored into a folder, and all the mail ids will be extracted in an excel sheet. Then we can easily send the message to every person at the same time without spending so much time.
- Gmail will be logged in by bot.
- It will check for unread emails.
- The mails which contain the keyword resume anywhere a mail will be shared with them with a google form.
- The person will enter the details.
- The data will be extracted from the google form. ‘
- There we can apply the filtration of qualification and more constraints as per our creed rules.
- A mail will be set for their further selection procedure.
- An excel sheet will be created with all mail IDs and shared with HR.
- We receive many invoices that we have to update and send for approvals. This is a time-consuming task, and this work gets completed when the payment is made and updated. We receive invoices in the form of PDFs. The data has been copied from the PDFs to the portal for correct accounts and sent the invoices for approval. This manual work contains many chances of human errors and time-consuming.
- This issue of invoice processing can be solved with RPA. All the data will be completed with automation without any human intervention. This work will be accomplished. There will be no scope of mistakes.
- Save the invoices received by mail from vendors.
- Save all the attachments on the local folder.
- Create a process to extract the data from the Invoice and store them in variables
- Open portal. Search for account
- Add the portal, and Data’s details are successfully updated on the portal.
- The invoice will be saved on the system for records. And can also be shared by mail.
- And the process continues with the next invoice.
Industries have now started implementing Automation with Robotic Process Automation technologies to minimize human errors. In one way, reducing human resources creates the ability to increase productivity. Using RPA technologies in their back-end operations, they can save 40% in various fields of businesses. Be it any of the RPA Use Cases in industries mentioned above.