Building Real Time Applications
Presto queries data including Hive, Cassandra, relational databases, separating computation from storage performing independent scaling. It combines data from multiple sources and allows analytics.
Presto features involve Mobile Administration, Printer State Detection, Configurable Alerts, Active Directory Integration, Native Printing Workflows, Device Agnostic, Geolocation, flexible licensing.
Real-Time Applications of Presto on AWS
- Presto as a Service involving security features.
- SQL on Anything Presto Query Engine.
- Cost Based Query Optimisation.
- Autoscaling, Monitoring workload, predictable performance.
- Gaining insights through Apache Superset.
Real-Time Applications of Hive on AWS
- Statistical functions on Hadoop ecosystem.
- Structured and Semi-structured Data Processing.
- As Data Warehouse tool with Hadoop.
- Real-Time Data Ingestion with HBase.
- Usage of ETL and Data Warehousing tool.
- To provide SQL type environment and to query like SQL using HIVEQL.
- To use and deploy custom specified map and reducer scripts for the specific client requirements.