Getting Started with the Internet of Things
Use of IoT(Internet of Things) in every field is progressing very rapidly. According to Business Insider in 2020, 75 percent of the of new cars will come with built-in IoT connectivity.
IoT has a significant impact on the Industrial sector too. Several industries are accepting this change to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Easily tracking
- Requires less number of resources
- Scheduled maintenance breaks
Business Challenge for Enabling IoT for Smart Manufacturing
Issues in analytics of manufactured part count by several manufacturing machines. Although generated excel sheets manually for the part counts produced by the machine yet consequences were a massive loss to the industry.
IoT Solutions for Asset Management and Predictive Maintenance
- Sensor to identify the manufacturing of parts integrated with the multiple manufacturing machines.
- A sensor monitors the productivity and state of each Machine and pushes the data over MQTT.
- MQTT protocol is a very lightweight protocol which uses a publish/subscribe architecture. The central communication point of this protocol is MQTT broker. While publishing data to the broker, the topic name is included.
Asset Management for IoT
IoT deployments have a significant impact on Asset Management and maintenance as they comprise of new asset types. Today, every manufacturer deploys this technology and plans for the upcoming future.
Predictive Maintenance for IoT
Predictive maintenance is the process which uses several monitoring tools for the monitoring assets state and takes action before occurring of failure if the monitoring tools detect any abnormal behavior.
- Apache HBase
- Apache NiFi