Complete Guide to Kubernetes cluster Federation
- Kubernetes cluster configured in any region on any Cloud platform like AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Kubernetes Federation manages deployments and services across all the clusters located in different areas.
The federation includes two processes -
- Synchronizing resources across clusters
- Cross-cluster discovery
Challenges for Kubernetes Cluster Adoption
Kubernetes Federation cluster has following issues/ problems -
- Cannot access Federation cluster if it gets down, cannot access Federation until it gets up back.
- In case failure of Federation Cluster, every Kubernetes Cluster will act as an independent Cluster.
- Alerting and Auditing across Federated Kubernetes Clusters.
Solution Offerings for Setting up Kubernetes Cluster Federation
- Kubernetes Cluster runs on different Clouds and in different regions managed and controlled by using Kubernetes Federation control plane.
- Kubernetes Federation control plane shares the resources across the cluster and keeps in sync which minimizes the cluster failure chances across the cluster.
- Kubernetes Federation provides high availability by sharing load across the cluster using DNS service and load balancers.