Introduction to ArangoDB
- ArangoDB is a multi-model database supporting key-value pair, graph models, and document store.
- Leverage functionality of ArangoDB on the top of Kubernetes to scale ArangoDB according to requirement.
- Graph Database mainly focuses on representing many to many relationships between the documents which are inside the edge collection for the different document base collections.
Challenge for Setting Up a Multi-Model Database on Kubernetes
- Build a multi-dimensional database to scale and containerize according to requirement.
- Set up a multi-model database with a document, key value, and graph on Kubernetes.
- Container environment is not persistent by default, databases in Kubernetes need Persistent Storage to store data.
- Use Kubernetes to scale up ArangoDB.
Solution Offered for Building Multi-Model Database
To overcome the challenges mentioned above -
- Set up three nodes Kubernetes cluster on AWS where one acts as a master and the other two, minions.
- For deploying databases on Kubernetes, have Persistent Storage as Containers can die and start at any time, but the data should remain persistent.
- Select GlusterFS as a storage solution to support multi-mount as data remains on all nodes of GlusterFS.