Introduction to Jenkins Configuration
Jenkins Configuration involves -
- Plugins Installation
- Setup pipeline libraries
- Configure build agents
- Configure deploy and test nodes (permanent)
It also comprises of -
- Source Code Compilation and Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- Source Code Analysis at commit stage
- Assembly and Packaging
- Publishing Artifacts
- Retrieving Artifacts
- Deployment for Functional Testing at Acceptance Stage
- Perform Functional Testing
- User Acceptance Tests
- Deployment to Production
Challenge for Building Continuous Delivery and Integration Pipeline
- Building a highly available, scalable production environment to deploy Magento projects on AWS.
- Build Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline to do an automatic deployment for development, staging/release and production environment.
Solution Offered for Building Automation Infrastructure
- Build Automation Infrastructure using AWS, Magento, MySQL DB, caching storage & Jenkins.
- AWS - To create EC2 instances (Ubuntu 16.04), VPC & security groups.
- GitLab - GitLab as a central place for storing client’s Magento projects’ code.
- Jenkins - Jenkins act as Continuous Integration server & builds the artifacts to deploy on Magento environment in AWS EC2 instances.