Guide to Deploying ASP.NET Application on Kubernetes
- ASP.NET Core is a new open-source and cross-platform framework (Windows | Linux | Mac) to build modern Cloud-Based internet connected Applications such as Web Applications, IoT (Internet of Things) applications and Mobile Application Backends.
- Kubernetes is Google’s open source Container Orchestration Engine. Kubernetes automates the deployment, scaling, maintenance, scheduling and operation of multiple .NET Core 2 application containers across clusters of nodes.
Challenge for Deploying NET Core 2.0 Application on Kubernetes
- The whole process of deploying a .NET Core 2.0 to Kubernetes is manual.
- The .NET Core 2.0 Application builds manually.
- Manual process to upload the application to the server.
- The application runs in a legacy monolithic architecture.
- The whole process time-consuming and prone to more errors.
Solution Offered for Building the Application
To overcome all the challenges, devised an automated pipeline for the whole deployment process.
ASP.NET Core 2.0 Pipeline
- Docker – Docker to containerize .NET Core 2.0 Application.
- Kubernetes – Kubernetes to deploy the ASP.NET Core 2.0 Application to the production environment.
- Helm – Helm is a package manager for Kubernetes to automate the whole process of deployment.