Getting Started with In-Memory Analytics
- Data Generation is happening at exponential rate and Industry (retailers, telco-providers, security agencies, scientists, etc.) needs more insights from the data for business values & customer interests in Real-Time and high-performance solutions.
- Advance Analytics requires Deep Analytics across all data sources to capture 360-degree view for business insights.
- Deep and Real-Time Analytics require In-Memory Solutions across databases - MySQL or other RDBMS Databases and Big Data Platform using Apache Spark, Hadoop with Scalable architecture.
Apache Ignite Overview
Apache Ignite, an in-memory computing platform which is strongly consistent, durable and highly available with access to powerful SQL, key-value, and processing APIs. It is an in-memory database that provides a variety of integration with existing technologies such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
Challenges for Building In Memory Analytics Platform
Need In-Memory solutions for two cases -
- To improve the performance of Healthcare application with .NET and SQL Server Architecture.
- Perform fast analytical queries on Apache Spark and Hadoop based community Data Warehouse.
- Perform both Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) on workloads distributed among various database stores such as RDBMS, NoSQL, and Hadoop.
- Real-Time Analytics and Query platform with high performance and consistency.
Solution Offerings for In-Memory Database
Apache Ignite for In-Memory Database and with Apache Spark and Hadoop.
First Use Case
Use Apache Ignite as an In-Memory database to improve the performance of SQL queries with Ignite In-Memory data fabric for .NET. For ACD transactions, SQL Queries and distributed SQL joins.
Second Use Case
Use Apache Ignite as IGFS and shared memory layer Spark RDD using Ignite RDD and build Analytics Dashboard using Play framework to interact with Apache Ignite using its API. The dashboard provisions user to upload semi-structured data in various formats such as CSV, JSON, etc. and run analytical queries.