Introduction to StreamSets Architecture
StreamSets implementation for Data Ingestion and CDC for Real-Time Tweets from Twitter API's and Data Migration from MySQL to Data Pipeline using Kafka and Amazon Redshift.
StreamSet Working Framework
- Platform to build, execute and manage data flows for Batch and Streaming data.
- StreamSet Data Collector provides Drag-and-Drop connectors for Batch and Streaming sources.
- The destination for Data Ingestion, monitoring of the Data Pipeline and error detection.
- Real-Time Data Ingestion and Processing with Change Data Capture (CDC) for extraction, transformation, and loading in ETL application.
Business Challenge for Building the Data Pipeline
- To create a Real-Time Twitter Stream into Amazon Redshift Cluster.
- Build a Data Pipeline for MySQL to migrate its data to MySQL.
- Implement Change Data Capture Mechanism to capture changes in any data source.
- Build a Data Pipeline to fetch Google Analytics Data and send the stream to Amazon Redshift.
Solution Offered for Building the Ingestion Platform
Perform Data Ingestion using StreamSet Data collector that streams data in Real-Time.
For streaming data to Amazon Redshift, there are two ways -
- Using Connection Pool - Use JDBC producer as the destination and the connection strings of Redshift for connecting to Redshift.
- Using Kinesis Firehose Stream - Configure a Kinesis Firehose stream first which uses Amazon S3 bucket as the intermediate and copy command to transfer data to Amazon Redshift Cluster.