Understanding Internet of Things
- Internet of Things comprises computing devices having the capability to transfer data over the network. IoT has eliminated the requirement of human-machine interaction or human-human interaction and has evolved to machine-machine communication.
- Initiating from SmartPhones, Tablets to Sensors connecting and communicating across the network using intelligence.
- IoT has conquered markets and enterprises carving the way for Predictive Maintenance, Live Recommendations through ClickStreams, Monitoring, Security, Asset Management, Enterprise Asset Management, Access Management, Real-Time Analysis.
Challenge for Building IoT Platform
Automation of processes is one of the most significant challenges of IoT industries. Further performing analytics and sensors to the IoT devices to provide business insights and predictions of event occurrences.
Other than these, some of the critical challenges include -
- IoT Requirements
Solution Offered for Building IoT Applications
Google Cloud function(Google Cloud serverless platform) is a highly auto scalable, available computer platform which runs on payment without any requirement of servers.
- IoT enabled machinery allows operation managers to manage the factory units remotely. The use of IoT sensors in manufacturing equipment enables condition-based alerts designed to function within specific temperature and vibration range.
- Helps operation manager to take proactive action in case of any failure and prevent the loss.
- IoT sensors count the quantity of the manufactured parts by each machine. Collected data tracks each machine’s production and target production value.
- Using Google Cloud Platform, thousands of machines installed at multiple locations assigned with a threshold value for temperature, oil pressure, and amperage, followed by data collection (temperature, oil pressure, amperage) in Real-Time to detect the anomaly.
- In case of defect, generates an alert message to the operation managers and shuts the machine down for the maintenance before it crashes.
Technology Stack -
- Google Pub/Sub
- Google IoT Core
- Google Cloud Function
- Google Cloud DataFlow
- Cloud ML
- Cloud Storage
- Data Studio