Azure Devops for Continuous Delivery
- Drupal, is a platform for web content management across global enterprises and governments. It is flexible and highly scalable.
- Continuous Delivery is a development practice where code changes automatically built, tested, and released to production.
- It expands upon Continuous Integration by deploying all code changes to a testing/production environment after the build stage.
Continuous Integration Key features
- Build Automation
- Deployment Automation
- Daily Commits
- Unit and Kernel tests
- Checking Drupal Code standards
- Updating Database
- Generating Reports
Challenge for Enabling Drupal on Azure
- To make the Software Release Process automated by Continuous Deployment to Microsoft Azure Production.
- The primary task to use Drupal on Cloud as compared to traditional physical servers.
Solution Offered for Building Continuous Delivery Pipeline
Continuous Delivery flow in Production Environment involves –
- Make Merge Request for release to Master Branch.
- Admin approves Merge Request.
- Checkout made to the Master Branch.
- Pull the Latest Code in the Workplace.
- Migrate Database to Update.
- Restart Apache Service.
- Deploy new code successfully on the Production environment.