Getting Started with Kubernetes Architecture
- Kubernetes has become an indispensable part of production Cloud environment. Kubernetes centralizes logs and metrics. Kubernetes contains Pods, Clusters, and networks as its components.
- It simplifies Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment ensuring data consistency. It focuses on building and delivering software.
- Kubernetes monitors Pods, Clusters, and Networks. It monitors each layer explicitly.
Challenge for Building Reactive Platform
- Reactive Platform For Monitoring and Alerting using Akka.
- Performance Metrics for monitoring distributed, ephemeral, containerized Microservices.
- Spend more time working on code that analyses the meaning of metrics than code that collects, moves, stores, and displays metrics.
- Validate measurement system accuracy and precision. Collect histograms of response time.
- Monitoring systems need to be more available and scalable than the systems (and services) monitored.
- Node-level system metrics, Application metrics, Kubernetes metrics, and OpenStack metrics.
Solution Offered for Building Monitoring and Alerting AIOps Platform
Kubernetes Metrics Architecture
- Application – Service availability, Response time, requests.
- Services – HTTP Requests, Database connections and replications, Thread and connections.
- Kubernetes Deployment – Pods, Containers.
- Kubernetes Internals – Kubelet, Docker, Nodes.
- Hosts – Host Resources, Host status.
For monitoring, use tools to get Akka framework using Scala, Time Series Database, Metrics Collector, Visualize the data for each Node-level system metrics, Application metrics, Kubernetes Metrics, and OpenStack metrics.