DevOps on Azure Best Practices and Working Architecture
What is DevOps on Azure?
DevOps brings together process and technology, automating software delivery to provide continuous values to users. With Azure, DevOps solutions deliver software faster and reliable, irrespective of the tools used by the company. DevOps is a set of practices that automates the process between software development and the operation team, involving tasks such as build, test, release software faster and more reliability. The central concept of DevOps is that it is not technology, but the tools commonly used in a DevOps environment. These include Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools to perform task automation. Azure is a platform provided by Microsoft. On this platform, DevOps performs practices like Build Code, Deploy Code, CI/CD and lots of inbuilt services provided by Azure for DevOps.
How DevOps Works on Azure?
Azure CloudWatch used for Critical Monitoring. Azure support DevOps efforts by providing services to build, store and deploy apps. DevOps features accessible in Azure. Most of the organization using the DevOps model and technology employ to demonstrate integration with the existing development, testing, deployment, and operations process. IT Team analyzes whether DevOps right for the organization while having applications on Public Cloud.
- Start using Azure Boards.
- Sign up and get started using Azure Board.
- Track code failures and user stories, capturing discussion along the way.
- Manage the continuous flow of work from concept to completion.
- Create and manage backlogs, track features, user stories, and bugs.
- Use Azure Board to plan and track work, linking to Github commits and pull requests.
- Plan a task, use a task board in daily scrums, monitor it.
- Search work items to update and to chart process and trends.
- Grow Organisation, support autonomous team and gain visibility across with respective teams.
- Configure tools and processes to meet the required teams.
- Configure Resource for Azure Board.
- Default Permission and access Azure Boards.
Benefits of DevOps on Azure
- Easy to install of applications and takes only a few minutes in configuration by the Devops on Azure.
- Client or any other applications run with Azure.
- Azure supports lots of platforms and runs on multiple frameworks.
- It supports various languages such as Java, Node, PHP, .NET, and Python.
- Client/Organisation start applications or new applications from Git with the help of DevOps.
- Instant analysis of an application by using built-in apps and Cloud features by using Visual Studio Services.
- Azure deploys applications and easily customize an application and also adds a test environment to validate Production.
Why DevOps on Azure Matters?
Get Started Fast - In the Azure account, there are IoT Services on Azure ready to use without the need to set up or software to install.
Fully Managed Services - These services take advantages of Azure resources without worrying about settings of installing software or operating infrastructure on our own.
Built for Scale - It manages a single instance and also scales up to thousands using Azure services. These services make more flexible to compute resources through simple provisioning, configuration, and scaling.
Programmable - It also provides an option to each service via the Azure CLI or through API's. It models and provisions Azure resources and all Azure infrastructure using declarative Azure Cloud formation.
Automation - Azure uses automation to build faster and more efficiently. Using Azure services also automate manual tasks or processes such as deployment, development & test workflow and configure.
Secure - Azure IAM sets user permission and policies. It is used for user access on particular services of Azure resources and how user access those services.
How to Adopt DevOps on Azure?
Software Release Workflow - It is Azure code pipeline. Azure codepipeline is a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery service for fast and reliable application and infrastructure updates. Corepipeline builds, tests and deploy code every time when there changes on the code and based on the release process models defined. It enables rapid and reliable delivery of features and updates.
Build & Test Code - It is Azure code build which includes build code and test code. Azure codebuild comprises of fully managed build services that compile the sources codes required, then it runs, and time to tests, also produces software packages ready to deploy. Codebuild doesn't need provisioning, management, and scaling of build servers. It scales continuously and processes multiple builds concurrently, to ensure that builds not left for a waiting in a queue.
Deployment Automation - It is Azure code deploy to do deployment automation. It is Azure code deploy to automate code deployments to any of the instance, including Amazon EC2 instances and On-Premises servers. It's a deployment in Azure codedeploy that makes easier to do rapidly release with new features, to avoid downtime during application deployment and handles the complexity of updating application.
Unified CI/CD Projects - It is Azure codestar used for CI/CD projects. Azure codestar quickly develops, builds and deploys the application on the dashboard of Azure. Azure codestar provides a specified user interface, to easily manage software development activities in one place. Azure codestar sets up entire Continuous Delivery toolchain in minutes, to start releasing code faster.
Build & Deploy Microservices architecture using Containers and Serverless Computing - Amazon Elastic Container service is a highly scalable, high-performance Container management Service that supports Docker containers and allows to run easily application on a managed account of Amazon Elastic container services instances.
Provision, Configure and manage Azure Infrastructure - It is an Azure Cloud formation to create and manage a collection of the all related Azure resources, and also do provisioning and it's also updated in an orderly and predictable fashion. It also uses Azure Cloud formation sample templates or creates own templates.
Best Practises of DevOps on Azure
- Source Control
- Agile planning
- Test case management
- Build Automation
- Continuous Development
- Release Management
- Load Testing
- Feedback Management
- Team Collaboration
- Azure Board
- Azure Pipeline
- Azure Repos
- Azure Test Plans
- Azure Artifacts
- Extension Marketplace