Big Data Platform refers to IT solutions which combine several Big Data tools and utilities into one packaged answer, and this is then used further for managing as well as analyzing Big Data. The emphasis on why this Bigdata platform is needed is taken care of later in the blog, but know how much data is getting created on a daily basis. This Data if not maintained well, enterprises are bound to lose out on customers. Let’s get started with the basics.
Big data, as the name suggests, is the large data. It is a kind of data that is humongous and is still growing with time. There are three types of Big Data
Characteristics of Big Data
- Volume – Volume depicts the size of the big data that is being analyzed or looked upon.
- Variety – It refers to the heterogeneous sources and nature of the data, both structured and unstructured. Data is generated in many types like in the form of emails, images, audio and so on, for different variety of data, different methods or technologies are used to analyze or work upon the data.
- Velocity – It refers to the speed at which data is being generated. It refers to the rate at which information flows from different sources to destinations.
- Variability – This term refers to the inconsistency a data might show at times due to some technical error; this might hamper with data processing or any work for which the information is generated or used.
- Veracity – It refers to the quality of the data that’s being produced from the source.
Big data is of great help in today’s era as it is the backbone of any real-time application. It is used in many cases, like in the case of Machine Learning, predictive maintenance, Product development, customer experience, and so on.
Big Data Platform
This solution combines all the capabilities and every feature of many big data application into a single solution.
It generally consists of big data servers, management, storage, databases, management utilities and business intelligence.
Big Data Platforms focuses on providing their user with efficient analytics tool for massive datasets. These platforms are often used by data engineers to aggregate, clean and prepare data for business analysis. Data scientists use Big Data Platforms to discover relationships and patterns in large data sets using a Machine learning algorithm. The user of such platforms can custom build applications according to there use case like to calculate customer loyalty (E-Commerce user case), and so on, there are countless use cases.
ElixirData provides Flexibility, Security, and Stability for an Enterprise application and Big Data Infrastructure to deploy on-premises and Public Cloud with cognitive insights using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
Taken From Article, Big Data Integration and Management Platform
Why Big Data Platform?
There are many essential features of any right Big Data Platform:
- Data Ingestion, Management, ETL and Warehouse – Big Data Platform provides with these resources for effective data management and effective data warehousing, and this manages data as a valuable resource.
- Stream Computing – Helps compute the streaming data that is used for real-time analytics.
Analytics/ Machine Learning – Features for advanced analytics and machine learning.
- Integration – Big Data also provides its user with features like integrating big data from any source with ease.
- Data Governance – It also provides with comprehensive security, data governance and solutions to protect the data.
- Provides Accurate Data – Big Data Platform delivers with analytic tools which in turn helps to omit any inaccurate data that has not been analyzed. This also helps the business to make the right decision by utilizing accurate information.
- Scalability – Big Data Platform help scale the application to analyze all time climbing data; it sizes to provide efficient analyzing. It offers with scalable storage capacity.
- Price Optimization – Big data analytics with the help of big data platform provides insight for B2C and B2B enterprises which helps the business to optimize the prices they charge accordingly.
- Reduced Latency – With the set of the warehouse, analytics tools and efficient data transformation, it helps to reduce the data latency and provide high throughput.
Use Cases Of Big Data Platform
- ETL – Big Data Platform can be used to build pipelines and even schedule the running of the same for data transformation.
- Insurance Fraud Detection – Companies handling a large number of financial transactions use tools provided by this platform to look for any fraud that’s happening.
- IoT – Big Data Platform provides a wide range of tool to work upon big data; this functionality of it comes handy while using it over the IoT case.
- Big Data Platform in Real Life – It can be used for various use cases of real-time stream processing like In the field of Media and Entertainment, Weather Pattern, Transportation industry, Banking sector and so on.
In this section, we explained about the BigData Platform and provided you with the details of uses case where Bigdata platform which is being used in BigData environment. Based on your requirement, you can choose from these technologies.
ElixirData is a Bigdata Platform by XenonStack. It enables enterprises to build Real-Time Integration Platform with Data Governance and Data Quality Best Practices, Big Data and Meta Management Solutions.